As the visitor industry slowly rebounds after last month’s fires, here are some of the fall happenings here on Maui.
Some of the fall happenings at the MACC (Maui Arts and Cultural Center)
- September 23 Maui Wildfire Benefit Concert
- October 7 Free Ukulele Workshop
- October 8 16th Annual Maui Ukulele Festival – FREE! Bring Foodbank donations
- November 4 10th Annual Made in Maui County Festival
- Nov 30 – Trey Kennedy Grow Up comedy tour
- Dec 12/13 IAM Tongi concert (winner of the American Idol’s 21st season)
- January 6 (2024) – Old Dominion No Bad Vibes tour
Fall happenings elsewhere on Island
- September 24 3:30-7:30pm Oktoberfest at Maui Brewing Company Kihei – this is beer garden style with a small menu and one Fest beer (the restaurant and regular beer menu is also open). We went last year and it was a blast. I am SHOCKED at how many people on Maui have authentic Lederhosen and Dirndl (apart from us).
- 5 weekends starting Sept 28/29 25th Annual Oktoberfest at Bridgit and Bernard’s in Kahului. This is Maui’s only German/Swiss restaurant. The menu is pricey, but according to a friend who plays in their oompah band, the event is fantastic.
- Pumpkin Patch at Kula Country Farms daily for the month of October, 9-4pm (admission $5)
- Kula Country Market, always on the 3rd Saturday of the month at Kula Country Farms
- Maui Sunday Market, every Sunday from 4-8pm in the Kahului Shopping Center Parking lot. Live music, food trucks and shopping
- Kihei Fourth Friday – Kihei’s own town party, always on the 4th Friday of the month at Azeka shopping mall. Live music, dancing, food trucks and shopping
Check out the following venues for their calendars of events
- Da Playground Maui in Ma’alaea
- ProArts Maui in Kihei’s Azeka Plaza
- Iao Theater in Wailuku
- Shops at Wailea