Life must be getting a little back to normal when holiday events are being advertised! Hawaii’s Covid numbers have improved dramatically since August/September, our vaccination rates are good (72% of total population fully vaccinated, 85% one shot). Tourism is back baby – it definitely seems busier on island, our condos are pretty full.
So it shouldn’t come as a surprise that holiday events are back! After a very slow year, I’m excited. So….. what’s coming up?
- Friday, November 26 ~ 9am-10:45am Santa Parade ~ this starts at Kalama Park in Kihei. Santa will be traveling to the Shops at Wailea in a 1963 Cadillac. He either plans on traveling super slow or won’t leave on time, lol. This should be fun for the kids! There will be additional festivities at the Shops at Wailea.
- Friday, December 3 ~ Banyan Tree Lighting Ceremony – the tree will be lit every evening through December 25. See the link for a few more Lahaina activities.
- Sunday, December 12 ~ 3pm Holiday Pops concert with the Maui Pops Orchestra at the Maui Arts and Cultural Center. My musician friend Beth is so excited about this. The orchestra hasn’t performed since its January 2020 concert.
- Saturday, December 18 ~ 7:30pm Jake Shimabukuro Christmas in Hawaii at the Maui Arts and Cultural Center. Ukulele genius and Christmas music – this should be an amazing concert!
- Friday, December 24 ~ 9am Santa arrives at the Grand Wailea by Outrigger Canoe (at the beach)
- Saturday, December 25 ~ 9am Santa arrives at the Wailea Beach Resort by Outrigger Canoe
Christmas shopping events
- Nov 19-Dec 24 (Tues-Sat) The Hui in Makawao is hosting its Hui Holidays Gift Shop with added local crafts. The Hui is a local art center/school.
- Dec 4-5 10am-2pm Maui Mom-preneur event at the Maui Beach Hotel
- Dec 18 9am-5pm Holiday Pop-Up Store (Pulelehuahoni Crafts) at 737 Lower Main Street Wailuku
- Dec 18 9am-1pm Pukalani Nazarene at 211 Hiwalani Loop Pukalani
- Dec 23 Grand Wailea’s First Holiday Market on the Chapel Lawn (I have not seen a time frame yet)
- (I will add more as I find more)